Thursday, June 2, 2011

Finito!

Well, after thinking I was going to have to bail half way through, I finished it! It's been packaged and shipped off to Jesse's grandma for her birthday. I hope she likes it! I learned some important lessons from this first quilt...


1. Don't put the binding on until the very end.


2. Make certain the layers are smooth before starting to quilt. > Material started to bunch, which might not have been a problem if I had incorporated lesson #1.




Overall, I was happy with how it turned out. I think I was more happy that I actually finished it! I am ready for quilt #2. This one is for our living room. My theory is, you can never have enough blankets! Especially when you have a little guy who loves nothing more than to bury himself in them!




Wonky Log Cabin Squares for quilt #2.





Rudy assuming his favorite position.

No comments:

Post a Comment