Monday, June 20, 2011

Refashion Numero Dos.

My Second Re-Fashion. These skirts remind me of what my mom used to wear in the 90's, hence the title "Mom Skirt..." They're ALL over the thrift stores, and they seem like a great starting point for a refashion project since it's basically like getting a few yards of material with a hem already to go. I emphasize "seem" since I forgot that thin, flimsy material can sometimes be finicky. There were moments where I wanted to shred the skirt and use it for filling for a pillow, but I put on my big girl pants, skipped the tantrum, and went right back at it. I'm pleased with the outcome.Bought this skirt at Salvation Army for $1.99. Had to buy some elastic thread at a buck fifty, but other that that all I had to do was sew!
Mom Skirt
Halter Dress*Next time I'll post a pic of me wearing my new article, but just got back from a long bike ride... wasn't feeling very pretty.


Mom Skirt


Halter Dress



2 comments:

  1. Love it - so simple to make. Hope it's hot enough where you are to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty! A great use of those mom skirts...I have several that I'm getting bored with, perhaps time for a re-do?

    ReplyDelete