Friday, June 17, 2011

Refashion Revolution.

Sneaking around the sewing blog world is like entering another dimension. A dimension where people are self sufficient, crafty, frugal, inspiring (need to find another word... think I've hit my quota on the use of this word lately...how about 'stimulating!'... I digress...), etc... It's been my retreat lately, & all I can think about is sewing and making things... useful things. Perfect timing too. There have been too many mornings where I find myself staring blankly at my closet with complete contempt. Frozen like a deer in headlights... what to wear?!!! Not for long. I've found myself reading a lot about refashioning old clothing/fabric. The idea is genius. The possibilities are endless. Pocketbook approved. It will be satisfying I think to myself...




It IS satisfying!!!


I took one of Jesse's old button down dress shirts (next time I'll take a before shot - it's apparent I'm a newbie - everyone else posts up before shots). Assaulted with scissors. Added some dainty pleating around the neckline, some darts, & voile'! A dainty little tank. It's not finished. I am thinking different buttons (maybe little red ones) and need to finish off the bottom.


Satisfaction.


2 comments:

  1. Red buttons would be a great choice for this refashion. Love how simple it was and yet looks like a totally new garment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, how did it look with the red buttons?

    ReplyDelete